Working at Messick'sMessick's has been a family business ever since brothers Marlin and Merville Messick started the dealership in 1952. Over the years we've grown from a two-person operation to a company of over 180 people staffing five locations in south central Pennsylvania. Messick's remains a family business, operated by Merville's sons Bob and Ken and their children. We are a company dedicated to providing exceptional parts, service and sales support to our customers.
Messick's offers industry leading wages, 401k, paid vacation, health insurance and a Christ centered work environment. We strive to offer the best in customer service and believe it takes exceptional staff to deliver that promise.
We encourage you to submit your application as we collect resumes year-round. We do most of our hiring between September and November, however we will consider highly qualified individuals at any point throughout the year.
Messick's seeks candidates who work best in a team environment and excel at providing top notch customer service. Experience in agriculture or construction is a plus, but not required. Many positions require a valid drivers license, and the ability to lift in excess of 40lbs. Service technician positions require your own tools and a valid drivers license.
We strive to employ the best people in the business. Therefore we offer industry leading wages, paid vacation, 401k, and no-cost health insurance for our employees. Messick's is a family based work environment created through social gatherings like our annual Christmas parties, company picnics, employee outings and social opportunities.
Abbottstown - None at this time
Bendersville - None at this time
Carlisle - None at this time
- Truck Driver Class A - If you have a passion for Agriculture and are knowledgeable in the equipment our customers rely on, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Loading & unloading equipment
- Some assembly and disassembly of equipment to haul
- Clean up of equipment
- Truck maintenance
- Miscellaneous yard work
- Preferred Requirements:
- Must have valid CDL class A license
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be willing to haul wide loads
- Must be willing to work overtime, and stay overnight on occasional runs
- Must have positive attitude and work well with others
- Should have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Equipment Salesperson - We are looking for highly motivated and well organized individuals to join our team at our stores in Carlisle, Elizabethtown and Halifax. If you have a passion for Agriculture and are knowledgeable in the equipment our customers rely on, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Sell new & used equipment
- Handle phone calls when in store
- Wait on walk-in customers
- Follow up all leads in a timely manner
- Cultivate new sales leads
- Preferred Requirements:
- Knowledge of agriculture, lawn & garden and landscape equipment
- Previous sales experience
- Must be friendly, personable and professional in appearance and conduct
- Computer skills
Check back often or email your resume and we'll keep it on file if a position that fits becomes available.
How to ApplyEmployment Application
Help customers find repair parts for their equipment over the counter, phone and email.
Personable, strong customer service skills, and computer literate. Experience in agriculture or construction industries a plus. Works well in a fast paced environment. Must be able to lift 50+ lbs and work on your feet for extended periods.
Applicant Requirements: Personable, strong customer service skills, and computer literate. Experience in sales and agriculture or construction knowledge a plus.
Applicant Requirements:Excellent mechanical aptitude and computer literate, good communication and interpersonal skills. Personal hand tools required and a valid drivers license.
Applicant Requirements: Varies, however our core values focused on customer service and interpersonal relationships are universal.