Working at Messick'sMessick's has been a family business ever since brothers Marlin and Merville Messick started the dealership in 1952. Over the years we've grown from a two-person operation to a company of over 220 people staffing five locations in south central Pennsylvania. Messick's remains a family business, operated by Merville's sons Bob and Ken and their children. We are a company dedicated to providing exceptional parts, service and sales support to our customers.
Messick's offers industry leading wages, 401k, paid vacation, health insurance and a Christ centered work environment. We strive to offer the best in customer service and believe it takes exceptional staff to deliver that promise.
We encourage you to submit your application as we collect resumes year-round. We do most of our hiring between September and November, however we will consider highly qualified individuals at any point throughout the year.
Messick's seeks candidates who work best in a team environment and excel at providing top notch customer service. Experience in agriculture or construction is a plus, but not required. Many positions require a valid drivers license, and the ability to lift in excess of 40lbs. Service technician positions require your own tools and a valid drivers license.
We strive to employ the best people in the business. Therefore we offer industry leading wages, paid vacation, 401k, and no-cost health insurance for our employees. Messick's is a family based work environment created through social gatherings like our annual Christmas parties, company picnics, employee outings and social opportunities.
Equipment Setup Tech
- Load & unload trucks
- Set up new equipment
- Pre-deliver new equipment
- Help maintain equipment yard area
- Mechanical & technical experience on farm & construction machinery
- Forklift experience preferred
- Friendly and personable
- Able to lift up to 100lbs
- Positive attitude and works well with others
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment service machinery in shop
- Receive and distribute phone calls, correspondence and service information for the department
- Assist with scheduling jobs
- Complete and close work orders on a daily basis
- Corresponds with customers throughout service transaction
- Excellent computer skills
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Customer focused
- Organized and highly motivated
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team oriented atmosphere
- Mechanical aptitude helpful
CDL Class A Truck Driver / Setup Technician
- Some assembly and disassembly of equipment to haul
- Clean up of equipment
- Truck maintenance
- Miscellaneous yard work
- Must have valid CDL class A license
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be willing to haul wide loads
- Must be willing to work overtime, and stay overnight on occasional runs
- Must have positive attitude and work well with others
- Should have a strong mechanical aptitude
Elizabethtown - None at this time
Halifax - None at this time
Check back often or email your resume and we'll keep it on file if a position that fits becomes available.
How to ApplyEmployment Application
Help customers find repair parts for their equipment over the counter, phone and email.
Personable, strong customer service skills, and computer literate. Experience in agriculture or construction industries a plus. Works well in a fast paced environment. Must be able to lift 50+ lbs and work on your feet for extended periods.
Applicant Requirements: Personable, strong customer service skills, and computer literate. Experience in sales and agriculture or construction knowledge a plus.
Applicant Requirements:Excellent mechanical aptitude and computer literate, good communication and interpersonal skills. Personal hand tools required and a valid drivers license.
Applicant Requirements: Varies, however our core values focused on customer service and interpersonal relationships are universal.